Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dragonfly




I am angry and overwhelmed with the busyness of life...
What would it be to just drop all the shit you thought was a bother
and float eternally into the movement of the stars and planets,
galaxies and black holes?
What would it be like to swim and float 
as if you were a jellyfish,
letting go of all your petty little expectations,
recreations, masturbations?
As it stands I find myself perturbed although I have positioned myself well,
in Paradise,
the rainbows that surround me can still furrow my brow,
so to speak,
and then I feel small,
like a bug stuck to the skylight searching for the escape that doesn't come.
Once in a while I help those bugs and it makes me think
of giant hands from nowhere, everywhere, reaching through the dividing lines
to lift me out of my madness and place me back in the fresh air.  
Oh, to just fly around like a dragonfly through the chicory flowers,
the dried Indian grass, the golden sunshine and the pressing late summer air.
That is what I will do today, I will mark it in my special calendar,
the one with all the other things to do,
I will mark it with the one word, 
that reminds me what to do, 
today,
in the midst of this miraculous life...
DRAGONFLY...

No comments:

Post a Comment