Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Holiday



HOLIDAY

Babies screech like red mouthed laughing gulls.
The water is placid, sun reflects off of it, refracted...
I soak up sunshine like a blue-bellied lizard on sandstone. 
My existence rests upon shifting shoals of pulverized rock,
aquamarine seas gnaw at the edges,
constantly pulling, tugging, biting...
it never ends.  
My mind is much the same, 
continuously nibbling at my idle shores of peace,
tranquility...
Vacation?  I no longer will call it that as I can never vacate,
I can never abandon my ceaseless struggle to know everything,
to be commanding, 
looking good,
holding up my corner of the Earth.
I will call it Holiday,
like the Europeans do,
I'm on Holiday...
The sound of clear vodka cascading over ice cubes...
The sound of laughter and happiness over crashing waves...
The sound of shrimp burgers and pre-fabricated french fries...
Freedom fries.
Freedumb....
Gasoline and Doritos, no, that's not my vacation...  not my holiday...
Well, maybe a little gasoline, just to cart my fancy ass to the shoreline.
I like to ride the waves, I like to find the holes and just sit in them...
I like to dig up sand crabs and put them on hooks and throw them deep into the sea.
I want to catch a big fish and feed it to my father.
I want to cure all of my father's ills. 
I know how.
If only everyone would listen to me...
So come, friends,
gather,
let's holiday
by the Sea...

No comments:

Post a Comment